Need help downloading ebooks and audiobooks to your Nook eReader? Follow these simple steps below.
Downloading to NOOK eReaders
- First time only:
- Download and install Adobe Digital Editions software. The program should open when the installation is complete.
- If you do not already have an Adobe ID, register for one here.
- The first time you connect your Nook with Digital Editions, you will have to authorize the Nook with your Adobe ID to be able to transfer content.
To Find and Search for Books
- Visit the OverDrive catalog, then browse eBooks, or search for a specific book title, or by book format (under Advanced Search).
- Click BORROW (if copies available) or PLACE A HOLD (if no copies are available).
- Choose Blackstone, then enter your library card (click REMEMBER to keep your card # filled in)
- Click “DOWNLOAD” then choose Adobe EPUB (Kindle formats only work with Kindle ereaders).
- Click CONFIRM & DOWNLOAD.
- A dialog box will appear, prompting you to open an acsm file. Click to open. File will open with Adobe Digital Editions.
- The eBook will appear in your Adobe Digital Editions Library under All Items, and also as part of the Borrowed category. Once the download is complete, Digital Editions will open the book.
- In Adobe Digital Editions, click on the Library View icon.
- Connect the Nook to your computer using the USB cable.
- Drag and drop the eBook title over to the “Nook” on the left side of the screen.
- Eject the Nook, and the title will appear on your device.
Helpful Hints for Nook eReaders
- Up to 6 titles can be checked out or placed on hold at one time
- Choose default lending period in SETTINGS = 7, 10, or 14 days. At checkout, lending period will be what you set.
- NOTE: MP3 & WMA are audio formats. Overdrive uses this format for audiobooks only.