The 2016-2017 Friends of James Blackstone Memorial Library Executive Committee:
Don Mitchell, Secretary | Hatsie Mahoney, President | Alpha Coiro, Vice President | Callista Stoddard, Treasurer | Paula Harrington, Membership
The Friends are now on Facebook!
Annual Book Sale October 13 – 16, 2016 more information
Sign up to volunteer for the book sale here!
The Friends of the James Blackstone Memorial Library support the library through a variety of fundraising activities including our annual book sale on the Branford Green in October. We sponsor lectures and programs and provide funds for special programming, particularly for the Youth Services Department, as well as funds for the purchase of equipment for the library, museum passes, movies, concerts, furniture and plantings for the library grounds. Anyone can join the Friends of the Blackstone Library. If you have a question for the Friends or would like to volunteer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- President, Hatsie Mahoney
- Vice President, Alpha Coiro
- Secretary, Don Mitchell
- Treasurer, Callista Stoddard
- Assistant Treasurer, Paula Harrington
By-Laws (Approved March 1, 2016)
- Friends group founded in 1988
- A separate 501(c)3 (non profit status)
- 550 members, approximately 250 members volunteer
- Governance is by a board; officers are elected for 2 year terms and directors are appointed for varied terms
- Board meets monthly except for January and July
- Annual meeting for members takes place in June
- The library director attends all board meetings and prioritizes the funding requests
- All money raised except for modest expenses is donated back to the library
- Book Sale is major fund raiser but we have ongoing book sales in the library, a holiday gift basket sale and an annual matching gift
- Friends members enjoy a special preview night at the annual book sale
Seniors (60+) and students: $10
If you would like to become a Friend, you can mail a check to the library or leave it at any service desk. You can also use your PayPal account or a credit card by clicking on the Pay Now button below. Be sure to choose your membership level before clicking the Pay Now button.