Downloading to smartphones & tablet devices (running iOS/Android/Windows 8)
- Visit the App/Play Store and search for the OverDrive app.
- Download & install app.
- Tap icon (blue square, white O) to open.
- First time only: Create an Overdrive account when prompted, and login. If you’re under 13, select I am under 13 years old instead.
- Use the app’s Add a Library feature to find your library’s OverDrive website (LION: Libraries Online) and click on the star to save it.
- Tap your library’s name to start browsing.
Find and search for books:
- Tap app to open. Tap to open Menu (three horizontal lines). Tap on Libraries Online to open catalog.
- Search or browse for title; if available, tap “BORROW” or if not, “PLACE A HOLD”
- Choose Blackstone, then enter your library card (tap REMEMBER to keep your card # filled in).
- Confirm check-out, then tap Download.
- Choose Adobe ePUB to read in Overdrive app and tap Confirm & Download (this format will allow for early return from app)
To Read or Change Book Settings:
- Tap for menu. Tap Bookshelf to display checked-out items.
- Tap title to open and read item.
- To change font size/color, tap in bottom of screen to see options.
To Return Item Early:
- From the Bookshelf screen, tap and hold on book cover.
- Tap Return, then tap Return again.
Helpful Hints for Tablets
- Tablets can open Adobe EPUB files or MP3 audiobook files.
- Up to 6 titles can be checked out/placed on hold at one time
- Audiobook lending period = 10 days | E-book lending period = 14 days