You will need to create two accounts, a library account and a Zinio account. It is very important that the email address used to create your library account matches the email address used to create your Zinio account. If the email addresses do not match, the magazine will not be added to your Zinio account. (The passwords don’t have to be the same, but the email addresses must be the same.)
Follow these steps to create your library account:
- Connect to the LION Zinio website using your computer, NOT the app.
- Click the “Create New Account” link in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Enter your library card number and click “Next.”
- Enter your name, email address, password (at least 7 characters with letters and numbers), and click on “Create Account.”
Choose and download magazines:
- Click “Browse Magazines.”
- You can search for a title, or just click in the title search box to see a dropdown list.
- Click on a magazine.
- A new window will open asking you to create a Zinio account or log into an existing Zinio account.
- The email address from the library account you created should appear in the email box. If it does not, enter the same email address you used to create your library account, type a password and click “Continue” to create your Zinio account.
- The magazine you selected will be in your Zinio account. To read on your PC or MAC, click “Start Reading” or choose “Keep Browsing” if you would like to choose additional titles.
- Keep in mind that you will need Adobe Flash to read magazines in your browser or you can download the Zinio Reader for offline reading on your computer.
Read Magazines on your mobile device
- Download the Zinio app to your mobile device.
- Open the Zinio app on your mobile device and log in to your Zinio account.
- Download each magazine.
- When the download is complete you can read your magazine(s) offline.